U.S. Swarms Dark Horse Stage Tonight
–But before taking the really big stage tomorrow – live streaming from this very link – a gaggle of Americans are just hours away from taking a really little stage at Finland's last-ditch-effort dark horse competition today. (Follow our retweets here.)
Among the throngs of U.S. media, groupies, and ambassadors of air (Bjorn and Nordic) are the following American competitors hoping for one last shot at the world stage:
- Jason “Lt. Facemelter” Farnan (he drew the 2-spot tonight, rough)
- Robert “The Marquis” Messel, US (our proud union rep)
- Del-Kun Dave “G. Tso Money” Chen (but we thought he was Chinese! JK, D-K, we know you're one of those flavors!)
- Jeffrey “The Airtiste” Stiles ("where Rock-a-pussy goes, I follow"*)
- Kara “Kara Picante” Muir (Charles' better half)
- Charles “Facemolester” Muir (no relation)
- Justin “Iron Dragon” Fox (say whaa?)
- Michael “Operation Rock a Pussy” Lovely (*see Airtiste)
- Beth “CindAirella” Melin (no relation)
Clearly, the 20th anniversary brought out more talent than ever before. What's usually a 10 or 12 competitor event has swelled to 30 this year, a third of whom represent the stars and stripes.
In the name of world peace, give 'em hell tonight, America.